Sunday, July 15, 2012

Farewell North Carolina

We had a wonderful time hiking and camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western North Carolina.  It was so great to stay with Chad and Jodi and Bonnie and Barley.  We've listed a few of our favorite things...
Hiking with in Bonnie and Barley (in the rain)
Camping in the yard (in the rain) 
Chasing the dogs when they got out of the yard (in the rain)
Playing Settlers of Catan with Chad and Jodi
Eating tapas in downtown Asheville (then running to the car in the rain)
Gorging ourselves on all things Mexican at Papas and Beer
Driving through the mountains (in the rain)
Catching up with our wonderful friends, Sandy and Paddy
Geocaching (in the rain)
Riding in Sandy's Model T
Yoga with Jodi

It took us five plus hours to go from the High Country in North Carolina to the Low Country in South Carolina.  For your pleasure, we've posted the best of our Mad Libs written on that LONG drive :)

Afraid of the Dark 
by Alex, Connor, Eddie and Erica
I was home alone and scared out of my horses.  I could hear the wind driving and off in the distance, a bag was howling!  I crossed the room, locked the house and climbed into bed, pulling the kittens over my testicles.  Then it happened!  I could hear a fish frolicking up the stairs.  My head started to chatter.  My knees began skiing.  The blanket was thrust open and there was a huge bucket with hair all over its breast!  It was my father.  "Hi.  We're home," he said patiently.  "Hope you weren't afraid of staying home alone."  "No," I said, lying through my eyes.  


No comments: